6000 Londoners hear Sadiq K & Zac G, London mayoral hopefuls, pledge a living rent at 1/3 average local earnings
Last night, 28th April. I went to the CitizensUK London mayoral hustings with 6000 others in the Copper Box at the Olympic Park.
Among other pledges , Zac.G & Sadiq.K agreed to;
- ensure that all procurement from City Hall is only given to employers who pay the London Living Wage,
- ensure that there are more than 1,000 new community land trust homes. and that
- 50% of all new developments will be 'truly affordable" (1/3 of average local income) - the living rent
- both agreed to a Rogue Landlord Taskforce ,
- to champion Citizenship and Refugee status for Londoners.
- Sadiq promised that all estate redevelopments will have a 100% replacement scheme , and will only go ahead with agreement of the tenants.
Their pledges are recorded on videos; the next step is to hold the new mayor to account for his pldeges and make them happen.
Rev Paul Nicolson
In Memoriam - Planning has become an underwriting facility for banks & a guarantee of profitability for…
25 September 2017
To the IPPR Commission on Economic Justice DWP designed black hole of destitution into which poor debtors…
22 September 2017