6000 Londoners hear Sadiq K & Zac G, London mayoral hopefuls, pledge a living rent at 1/3 average local earnings
Last night, 28th April. I went to the CitizensUK London mayoral hustings with 6000 others in the Copper Box at the Olympic Park.
Among other pledges , Zac.G & Sadiq.K agreed to;
- ensure that all procurement from City Hall is only given to employers who pay the London Living Wage,
- ensure that there are more than 1,000 new community land trust homes. and that
- 50% of all new developments will be 'truly affordable" (1/3 of average local income) - the living rent
- both agreed to a Rogue Landlord Taskforce ,
- to champion Citizenship and Refugee status for Londoners.
- Sadiq promised that all estate redevelopments will have a 100% replacement scheme , and will only go ahead with agreement of the tenants.
Their pledges are recorded on videos; the next step is to hold the new mayor to account for his pldeges and make them happen.
Rev Paul Nicolson
Since the 1980s, central government has made it inevitable that there will be gang fights and homeless…
12 December 2018
The best measure of poverty is the level of minimum income remaining after rent, council and income taxes are…
10 December 2018