6000 Londoners hear Sadiq K & Zac G, London mayoral hopefuls, pledge a living rent at 1/3 average local earnings
Last night, 28th April. I went to the CitizensUK London mayoral hustings with 6000 others in the Copper Box at the Olympic Park.
Among other pledges , Zac.G & Sadiq.K agreed to;
- ensure that all procurement from City Hall is only given to employers who pay the London Living Wage,
- ensure that there are more than 1,000 new community land trust homes. and that
- 50% of all new developments will be 'truly affordable" (1/3 of average local income) - the living rent
- both agreed to a Rogue Landlord Taskforce ,
- to champion Citizenship and Refugee status for Londoners.
- Sadiq promised that all estate redevelopments will have a 100% replacement scheme , and will only go ahead with agreement of the tenants.
Their pledges are recorded on videos; the next step is to hold the new mayor to account for his pldeges and make them happen.
Rev Paul Nicolson
The Secretary of State shall each year publish a Social Housing Plan setting out how the needs of homeless…
7 December 2019
SOCIAL INSECURITY. It is the low #income #renters with ever higher #rents who are suffering, Adult…
27 November 2019